Have You Heard?
- BlockSwappers builds on the popularity of quilt block swaps in guilds and online:
- Encourages quilters of all levels to participate in a new quilting adventure.
- Creates an environment of fun associated with the store.
- Connects the store and customers with a sense of belonging.
- Creates additional foot traffic and sales on a regular basis.
- Increases sales of slow moving inventory.
- Designed as an efficient program that can be run easily by a store’s staff.
Each swap has a name, pattern, and theme. Although customers can use scraps for their blocks, most will purchase fabric to strip-piece the blocks. Encourge sales by assigning specific fabric for each swap theme.
Marketing and Support Materials
Use the flyer to hand out to BlockSwapper club members with each set of six-month block instructions. Use the half-sheet flyers as bag stuffers.
Pages of color and black and white logos are also included in the program, along with templates for a shop door sign, bolt end tags, button art, and bag tags. These items are included on the CD as individual files, either PDFs, TIFs, or Illustrator EPS files.
It’s a Club!
Everybody wants to be a swapper! Make up buttons for your club members, adding your store name to the logo. Swappers will become your walking billboards!
Program Guide & Four Six-Month Block-Swaps by Janet Lutz
Additional BlockSwappers Benefits:
- Mixes and uses (profitably!) end-of-bolt pieces and shop-sample scraps in scrappy BlockSwapper quilts.
- Inspires new classes and provides an easy format for class development.
- Creates the opportunity for add-on sales in a planned and focused way.
- Provides monthly advertising and promotional opportunities.
- Includes suggested advertising copy and promotional graphics.
- Encourages staff involvement, participation, and development.